Friday, March 5, 2010

The Kids Visit the Farm in Lake View

The timing of having Grandma and Grandpa come down to visit and then having Becca's wedding a few weeks later worked out rather well. G&G drove down and had room in the car to drive the kids back, and we were going to be heading up about 2 1/2 weeks later and already had plans to get them home. I smelled a break and it smelled good! G&G thought it would be great fun to have the kids visit (haha!) so off they went. Turns out I had forgotten that a baby is still a lot of work, so it wasn't quite the break that it could have been, and I realized that Shelly and Jason actually do quite a bit in the way of entertaining the little one... but at least I could sleep when the baby was asleep and not have to worry about the bigger kids!

Either way, everyone had a blast, and there are pictures to prove that the Utah crowd had fun. Maybe too many pictures...

Ok, this one was back in August, but Shelly, in the sand tire, full of water - classic

Jason loves to torture - I mean play with - the cats

I'm sure one of the farm hands (family) could tell you what equipment she's on, but I have no idea

Jason, you're so helpful! Does the backpack help?

Feeding the cows. Still has that backpack.

Ethan helping Jason on the swing

Running down the lane to Uncle Jim's house.

Just sittin'. Watchin' the cows.

Shelly and the horse. I'm sure it has a name, but I'm also quite sure I don't know it.

Jason. Jacket. Sweats. Boots. Fashion Statement. I'm expecting this one to make it big time!

That's a great one. It's only on one axle and it's like a huge teeter totter. Hours of fun!

Wearing jackets in the sand box. Doesn't anyone tell them it's cold outside?
I guess they wouldn't listen anyways, so never mind. Have fun kids! Don't come crying to me when you get frost bite! :)

There's mud in that wagon.

And now there's mud on that post.

And that one.

And the house.
At least they're using paint brushes...

Jason found a scooter!

Helping in the garden

What are you doing up there Ethan?

Jason made a new friend, and decided he didn't like the camera.
'Hide me Heather!'

Petting a baby calf
eeewww! Cooties!

Uncle Martin is quite patient with kids on the tractor.

I can't believe they got to play in snow!
I'm jealous!

No comments: