Monday, July 8, 2013

More Random Thoughts

Yesterday Rachel and I decided to visit our old ward in Lakeview, so we packed the kids up in the morning and headed down there for all three hours of church, it was a lot of fun to see some familiar faces and get caught up with a few old friends, there were plenty that we missed, however, so a return trip will probably be in the works in coming weeks. I feel inclined to mention just how blessed I have felt through this whole ordeal with cancer. From the very beginning there have been many things that have gone just right that have led to this experience being one that I have not only survived, but life has even been pretty good the last couple of months, not all good, by any stretch of the imagination, but good when it could have been bad, very bad. I’m grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that saw fit to send blessings along with this trial. Most of those blessings were put into place long before we became aware that this trial happening and the blessings would be needed. Which is my way of saying that you and others like you are those blessings I’m talking about, the way that we have been supported has been amazing! I always knew that I had a large and strong support network, but I had no idea what that would mean when it finally became needed; I feel bad for people who face these kinds of situations without such a network... that would be really hard! Not to say that this has been easy, but realizing how much harder it could be makes me glad things have turned out the way they have. I’m not to the point yet that I can say I’m glad I got cancer or would choose to have it if given a choice, but things really could have been much worse without even trying very hard. Today we took the kids to Seven Peaks to have some fun in the sun and water, and we all had a good time and are all very tired, especially Rachel. (ssshhhh, she’s napping, and so is Emily) We don’t have plans yet for the rest of the day except to return some dishes to people who delivered food, it will be nice to get that out of the way. Now that I mention it I remember that we were going to make some cookies to go with the dishes, I better go get started on that while Rachel gets some rest.

-Mark

No comments: