Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

The tradition for the last couple of decades with the Schofield's is to go camping as a family over Labor Day Weekend. Ever since I've been in the family they've been going to Tinney Flats up Spanish Fork Canyon. It's a great spot for camping. There's plenty of spots for the family, a creek near by that the kids can play in, up in the mountains, no reception, only about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes away from home... And tons of fun!

Emily in the morning. I can tell it's in the morning because she's still in a jacket. It's cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon.

Emily and Janie playing together. They're only about 2 months apart. I have a feeling they'll have lots of fun playing together in future years.

Ethan and Shelly playing on a group of logs crossing the river (it's really barely the size of a creek, but I go with the name that others told me)


Aunt JB is nice enough to take care of Shelly's hair.

I think she needs to go see Aunt JB again. I wonder if that's what she's thinking about...

Probably not. :)

It's rather hard to keep the kids clean when there's dirt everywhere. That's not to say that I take care to keep the kids clean on a regular basis, because let's face it - I don't.

Shelly in the morning waiting for the hot chocolate to be ready to drink.

Jason wandering around the campsite

What did he find?


Now he's just showing off

I don't really want the dirt, but thanks anyways

Isn't that the same pose?

Emily found some food, and apparently she's not too happy about it.


Putting out the fire as the final step in breaking camp.
Come on Emmie Sue - let's go!

His dad is so much fun to play with. I'm glad he encourages them to do that kind of stuff

I would drop the kid. I'm just not that strong or coordinated. I can catch smaller kids, but not when they get to that size

Dad, I'm waiting...

Ready, Jump!

No comments: