This was such a funny thing to find! Background: Shelly often gets upset. I know that's a surprising thing for a 5 year old. Most 5 year olds are great at controlling their emotions, aren't they? No? Oh, well...
When Shelly loses control, she often sends herself on time out/calm down time/break time/some kind of time away from others until she's ready to behave in public the way a 5 year old who can control her emotions should behave. These breaks often happen in our back bedroom that really is a storage/pantry/closet. Most of the time she's ready to re-enter public life in just a few minutes. Every now and then it takes her a bit longer. Mostly I just forget that she's gone until she hollers through the house that she's ready to be nice and asks me for permission to come out of her self-imposed-time-out. I'm not sure why she asks for permission... I'm not going to complain about it though. There have, on occasion, been a few times that she decides to lay down and take a nap with my robes as her pillow and blanket. This time though, I had apparently only gotten part way through putting away laundry and she decided to climb into the laundry basket, use my skirt as a blanket and take a nap in the basket...
Then there was the night that Emily wanted to sleep with the kids on the floor. She's usually in her crib, Shelly is usually in the top bunk, and Jason is often (though less regularly than the others) in his bed. This night was an exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment