Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Emily's First Cold

It's official. Emily has her first cold. Her poor nose is running and she's extra sensitive... I could post pictures, but that would require me to take them, which would require me to actually look at her nose - and I'd rather avoid that if possible. It's goopy and gross!!

So, as a consolation prize I'll put up a video from Disneyland on Monday night instead (which is probably where she got the cold from - see how they relate?).

We decided to have Family Night at Disneyland. Mom and Dad bought new passes (they claim it was so they could come with us before ours expire, but I think the real reason was to go on the Halloween Space Mountain...) So, we left after Dad got home from work, which wasn't until after 6. This is typically a cardinal sin for us. After work/school is when it gets busy, the kids get cranky, and it gets dark, we're tired from the day already and don't want to deal with kids, etc - but it turned out well! Mom and Dad took the kids while Mark and I went on Space Mountain and then we caught up with them about 10 seconds before they were loading into Finding Nemo, enjoyed the ride with them and then we went home. It was good! I'm not sure the grandparents were quite as excited about it, but I didn't hear any loud complaints... They took the kids on Honey I Shrunk the Audience and then to Buzz Lightyear and they watched a water show and then got in line for Finding Nemo where they did all the hard work and we got to reap the rewards of the ride without the pains of the line :)

So, on the way in we walked through Downtown Disney. Apparently in Downtown Disney at night there are several musicians who show off their skills. Shelly was having a blast enjoying said skills and wanted to show off some of her own... Here she is rocking out to one of them. It took me a few minutes to decide it was worth it to video - I kept thinking she'd stop as soon as I got the camera out. Instead she hammed it up once she saw it...

Sorry for the poor videography. I was walking.
Somehow this was much funnier in person...
This was the only way to keep Jason in the stroller on our way out to the car. I gave him sunglasses. It was 9:00 at night. It was dark. I don't think he could see a thing. He loved it! He's insane. It's going to be a sad day when they diagnose him... I guess I'll just enjoy it until then.
(Thanks for the sunglasses Becca! They've come in handy a time or two...)

Um, yeah - she didn't last too long on her dad's comfy shoulder!
To her credit she'd been awake almost 3 hours, jostled around almost the whole time, traumatized by loud sounds and bright lights, and left without food for a good length of time while Mark and I were in line for Space Mountain (we realized a few minutes in that she hadn't eaten since before her nap that we woke her up from to come...)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I loved the diagnosis line...I laughed long and hard!

Becca said...

I too loved the diagnosis. This line "He's insane. It's going to be a sad day when they diagnose him..." cracked me up! You are too funny. And your kids are too cute! And I miss them. And you guys. And I'm glad that Jason is still rockin the sunglasses! And I'm done saying and now.