Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Point

I recently found out that there are $2 Tuesdays in August at Thanksgiving Point.  I had no idea.  But since I found this out on Monday night, I actually still remembered the next morning and thought it would be fun to go and take the kids, well at least the two that are left here (Shelly and Jason are at camp).

It was an adventure.  We started off by waiting in a rather long line just to get in to the park.  Emily had cut her toe the day before and shoes hurt her foot.  In typical 4 year old fashion, she had refused to wear flip flops that would not put pressure on her toe, so she got to sit in the stroller with one shoe off.

Once we got in, we got to see a couple of cows and horses, and then the kids saw the pony ride.  Emily decided she could wear the flip flops we brought for her, and then refused to go anywhere except in line for the pony ride.  So we waited in a long line again...  We were finally the next ones in line and Emily announces she needs to use the restroom.  I convinced her to wait until after our turn.  Annie was super excited to go on the pony ride, and then refused to get on the pony.  She would pet it, and eventually held onto the saddle for the last 10 feet.  That's about it.

Then Emily took 15 minutes in the bathroom, we saw a few goats (Annie was really funny when a goat would stick it's nose through the fence - she would pet it super quickly and then laugh and say 'I tickled it!'), we saw some sheep and chickens and decided there wasn't much else to see, it was hot and we had been there for over 2 hours and done not a whole lot with not much else to do, and it was time to go get something to eat and cold to drink, so we left.

Turns out we should have planned that better.  On our way out we noticed that the line to get in was basically non-existent, and since it was after lunch by that time, we would not have been quite as hungry.  Next time we'll know better...

No comments: